Tuesday, February 01, 2011

My First Bento!

On impulse, I went to Daiso (the Japanese version of a dollar store) and bought 2 bento boxes. This is the one I used today for lunch.

Pretty! :-)




So... According to LunchInABox.net, my bento size should be about 500mL of food. This box in total is 490mL. And it didn't seem like enough food to get full off of. Even my coworkers said it looked like a snack bento, not lunch. Lol. Not sure what that says about the size of the bento or perhaps the size of normal American portions.

Anyways... I had fun putting together this lunch box this morning and will probably do more in thee future. :-)

For your knowledge:
Tier 1: Mixed-grain Rice
Tier 2: Mushrooms, Asparagus, and Baked Yam "home fries"
Tier 3: Taiwanese fried chicken (from the bubble tea shop!) Taiwanese spinach, and some pickled carrots dividing the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment